urgent need for DOM cinema server player

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rahmani

urgent need for DOM cinema server player

Post by rahmani »

Hello
I have a project to develop cinema in poor areas of my country Iran. I had hope to continue with Nikrad cinemas(as you knew from my previous topics)
but, It has a lot of problem to play Jp2k files and the price is too high as the software is embedded in their PC. I have worked with DOM but it will not able to play DCP files in normal speed and can not see the image on projector I am using a PC with 14000 benchmark.
I would like you to give me a helping hand to run this project and let me have a cinema player in a tolerable price about 600 euros(sorry my budget is very limited. I know the price for commercial players are much more than this) for each license.
I have to set up more than 50 cinemas in country side in first step if it would be successful the next phase will be with more players.

I appreciate your help in advance
Kind Regard's
Soleyman
Carsten

Re: urgent need for DOM cinema server player

Post by Carsten »

Neo DCP player. This is very solid and has all necessary options. It may not be the cheapest option (though the company very often agrees to negotiate on prices). But you don't need a very expensive machine with this player, so that saves some money.

- Carsten
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

rahmani wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:41 pm let me have a cinema player in a tolerable price about 600 euros /.../ I know the price for commercial players are much more than this) for each license.
Are you aware of the dcpPlayer V3 from digitAll ?
it's a $50usd software running under Windows which works very well.
Have a look at http://www.digitall.net.au/dcpplayer-faq/ to read the specs and limitations (unencrypted DCPs only).
Contact James Gardiner <james.gardiner@digitall.net.au>, he is very helpful and quick to answer
tech questions.
Last edited by Cantar4 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Thank you Carsten; Regarding Neo DCP I've contacted them but their prices are about double of my budget.
Thank you for cantar4; As I've read DigitALL does not support encrypted DCP but, I will ask them to clarify the issue.

Any Comments are welcome!

Cordialement
Soleyman
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I used both NeoDCP and the Morgan/DigitAll Player. However, NeoDCP supports more types of DCPs and seems to be more future-proof, as they are continuously working on it. Talk to the NeoDCP people, and especially with multiple licenses, I am sure they will make you better offers than what they show on their standard price list. At the price point of the DigitAll player, of course you could just have a go on it and see wether it fit's your immediate needs. As it is, however, I guess that sooner or later you will find it too limited for presentation use. Find an economic playback hardware, and spend the money you saved on NeoDCP licenses. NeoDCP runs nicely on plain vanilla notebooks. But same is true for the DigitAll player.

- Carsten
scozz76

Post by scozz76 »

DigitAll's player does need a slight adjustment on the output colours to warm it a little.

From memory, I think it was simply selecting a different colour profile and making small adjustments to the gamma.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Wow, seems DCP playback performance has been improved considerably for multicore machines in 2.11.16...

Well done Carl!

- Carsten