Error converting a Bluray to DCP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
DrFloyd777

Error converting a Bluray to DCP

Post by DrFloyd777 »

No matter which folder I add, DCPoMatic gives me an Error: could not find Assetmap film in folder F:\FOLDER NAME

I went attempted to add the Bluray files one at a time F:\BDMV\STREAM the 0000.m2ts (9,810 kb) file said it cannot be opened.

I added the 0001.m2ts (234,036 kb) file, it add's and then its says (audio) in the file list and when I play it it is just black screen and no sound.

Then I added the 0002.m2ts file (14.7 GB), and after 25 minutes of examining content to find length, it also said in the Content list [audio] and when I play it is is black screen with no sound.

What am I missing?
carl
Site Admin

Re: Error converting a Bluray to DCP

Post by carl »

It sounds like you are trying to get the data straight off the Blu-Ray: is that right?

It is much easier to rip the BR first with something like MakeMKV or AnyDVD.
scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 »

1) never add a folder from Blu-ray. DCP-o-matic thinks you add DCP and reports you that Assetmap is missing.
2) you can install AnyDVD HD from RedFox which decrypts Blu-ray content on the fly thus making it possible to convert it to DCP directly from Blu-ray disk. Or you can use tsMuxer to copy your movie to hard drive, you can even select audio/video tracks to be copied.
3) for most Blu-ray disks the main movie is the biggest file in BDMV\STREAM folder and it is this file that must be added to DCP-o-matic. But some Blu-rays (with multi-branching support) have more than one file for a movie, so you need for example BDInfo to find playlist which contains the version you need. Then again use tsMuxer and add playlist file from BDMV\PLAYLIST folder to copy your movie to hard drive - it will merge all files in selected playlist into one file. The result file has to be added to DCP-o-matic. But be aware that these merged files may have sync problems increasing towards the end of the file - something to do with overlapping audio frames in source files.
tipperbror

Post by tipperbror »

To convert a Blu-ray to DCP files, you can read this tutorial: Blu-ray to DCP: How to make DCP from Blu-ray?