KDM error

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rahmani

KDM error

Post by rahmani »

I have got an error when I add a KDM to my DCP, any idea? I am using DOM version 2.10.22.
Error message: "Could not load KDM (missing XML tag KDMRequiredExtensions in RequiredExtensions)"
Carsten

Re: KDM error

Post by Carsten »

Can you explain a bit more how you get there?

- Carsten
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

As normal I sent the DOM certificates to film production company they sent me two different keys and for both I have got this message but, finally I have got the correct one! I asked them for the reason of previous faulty keys and they answered "It might be the difference between SMPTE and Interop standards in DOM". I was shocked to hear that because they sent me the DCP and also the key together referred to my DOM player certificate.
Any idea?
P.S. When they wanted to issue the key for my screen they told me "we can not issue the key for you as your player is unknown.

:-)
cloud06

Post by cloud06 »

I got this same problem. Any ideas what to do?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Can someone attach or email a failing KDM?

carl@dcpomatic.com
cloud06

Post by cloud06 »

I fixed it, if anybody wants to know :)

There were some missing parts in KDM. Firs, this particular tag that was missing i copied from some old working KDM... Then it said something about other missing stuff. I just searched for that stuff in working KDM and added manually to this one by copying and pasting.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Do I understand right, these were KDMs sent to you created from a different application? There are five different KDM formulations.

http://isdcf.com/papers/ISDCF-Doc5-kdm-certs.pdf

Currently, the common preferred one is Modified Transitional 1 (every server understands it). DCP-o-matic is able to create three different KDM dialects, but I don't know which one DCP-o-matic prefers itself for decrypting DCPs - I would assume Modified Transitional 1, too. Maybe the production/post house created a different kind of (D)KDM. It may be that they maintain a database of server types, which automatically assigns certain KDM types to specific servers based on their certificate type/origin (e.g. Barco, Dolby, Sony, etc.) for best compatibility. As DCP-o-matic is not known to this database, they may create a non-standard KDMs in these cases. I guess Carl would be very interested to see those KDMs that fail.

- Carsten