Subtitle for multi reel dcp

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
gunnar

Subtitle for multi reel dcp

Post by gunnar »

Hi,
I just ordered the fyrst DKDM for DCP o matic few days ago. (before lab have been doing all encrypted dcp workflow)
This worked like a charm and i made a new OV with subtitle from encryped dcp. No problem at all.
In this case the DCP was just 1 reel so it was no problem.

I have never add subtitle to existing multi reel dcp, i just wanted to ask here general question about it.
It it no problem in DCP o matic? Does it work by just moving each subtitl on the timeline to correct reels and thats it?

Other general thing about multi reel dcp, is it easy to skip some reel if i dont want them in the new ov?
For example sometimes the first 1-4 reels are some later added custom logos that is not anymore needed. Could i somehow click on reel 2 and simply remove it if it is logo that dont need to be showed anymore (old festival logo or something)

I know about the time trimming option but that is more to cut our contdown and stuff when i am making new dcp from prores master.
It would be cool if i could skip reels or reorder if that is needed.
Carsten

Re: Subtitle for multi reel dcp

Post by Carsten »

Hi Gunnar,

you could work wheel-wise if you'd import them as MXF files, omitting those reels that are not needed. But I guess that wouldn't work with the KDM scheme if the content is encrypted, as DOM can only attach KDMs to DCPs, not MXF files currently.

It's okay to use the trim feature to get rid of unwanted reels.

It's no problem to add multiple 'reels' of subtitles. Just shift them where you want them.

- Carsten
MarcelinoMat

Post by MarcelinoMat »

Carsten wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 pm It's no problem to add multiple 'reels' of subtitles. Just shift them where you want them.

- Carsten
Thanks Carsten. Where's a good place to put them?
This is why Anadrole is my favorite supplement on the market.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I guess I don't understand. If you have multiple reels of subtitles, they should usually follow each other in the content list, just as multiple reels of video or audio. Just try, and you'll see how it works.

- Carsten