Project folder names kept hidden (OSX, DOM test version)

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
phili2p

Project folder names kept hidden (OSX, DOM test version)

Post by phili2p »

Hi folks and friends,

Not sure if it's a bug on the latest DOM test version (2.11.26) in combination with the latest Batch Converter or if there's something odd with my finder (OS X 10.9.5):
When creating new projects, the name of the project folder is often left empty in list mode, but all all visible at any other mode.
Do you have a hint for me?

Best
Philipp
Carsten

Re: Project folder names kept hidden (OSX, DOM test version)

Post by Carsten »

Can you tell us how to reproduce the problem, including the influence of DOMB?

- Carsten
phili2p

Re: Project folder names kept hidden (OSX, DOM test version)

Post by phili2p »

Sorry for the delay.
It's quite weird, as I can't reproduce it myself.
The basic operation is as usual: create new project, check settings and send with CMD+B to the batch encoder. Creating the next project...
All source files are on a different ssd than the project files. But both, DOM and DOMBatch run on the same machine (Dual Xeon CPU, Mac Pro early 2009, OS X 10.9.5 with latest updates, DOM latest test version). Checking the DCPs with EasyDCP and DOMPlayer.

I reopend the unnamed folders saved the project again and sent it to the batch encoder - and everthing is pretty fine again.
I created a new test run with new projects form scratch - no problems.
Checking the log files of the "unnamed folders" didn't show any irregular behaviour.

The only thing I noticed was the cover sheet (which is set to default but I resetted it for the test run again):
$CPL_NAME takes now the project name, which it did not before. The check box for the ISDCF name is ticked on by default and the older versions have been fine. (Yes, I know, I asked about the datas in another thread, but I didn't play around and resetted before the test run. Just to point that out.)

All the best
Philipp