H.264 Export

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rahmani

Re: H.264 Export

Post by rahmani »

Hello
The Mp4 file even inside of DOM has the same problem.

Soleyman
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Can you try to export another DCP to MP4, like a trailer or something?

What are the specifics of this DCP to be exported - resolution, frame rate, etc.?

- Carsten
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

I have done it for two films, both have the same result. Before upgrading to version higher than 16, there was no problem in exported mp4 files.
Would you please check this issue regarding the software changes in previous versions?
Exporting to mp4 will happen to add some items or cutting some parts sometimes, it is not related to color or quality issues.

Looking for your comments.
Thank you very much
Soleyman
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

All I can say is that it doesn't happen with my test footage here. Could you try to download BigBuckBunny or the Sintel Benchmark files, create DCPs from them with the supplied metadata, and do a reconversion to MP4 as a test?

http://dcpomatic.com/benchmarks/contributing

You could also try to backup all your settings, certs, etc, then reset all prefs, and try again?

- Carsten
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Thank you for your help. I have downloaded the items but DOM can not add the folder to the list to make DCP. It says " No content found in this folder".
Please let me know how to proceed?(I have made a folder contains metadat and trailer and use add folder in content section).

Soleyman
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

I have made a DCP from only the big buck bunny.mov file and then re-export it to the .mp4 file, there is no difference between original .mov file and exported .mp4 file quality.
Any idea!
Soleyman
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Using Trimming, you should create a short snippet of your DCP, 5s should do. It should contain the picture you posted. Maybe there is something wrong with it. Make it available to Carl.
Thats the only way to solve that puzzle I guess.

Do you still have the 2.11.16 installer?

- Carsten
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

I am using latest version 2.11.27. I have attached exported 5 seconds of the main film as you requested.
Thank you
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

No, I mean: Do you still have DOM 2.11.16 installation files, so you can switch between 2.11.16 and 2.11.27 to see wether the problem really comes with 2.11.27 and goes away with 2.11.16?

- Carsten
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

I used version 16 to export a 5 second DCP(from the same DCP has been used before) but, still we have the same problem; it seems the problem is not related to the DOM version. I have sent 5 second exported mp4 file to Carl but, still I am waiting for his comments.

Thank you
Soleyman