Parent container

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
fredjonze

Parent container

Post by fredjonze »

I've installed a CRU cinema drive into my workstation to facilitate easier film transfers to the DCP projector.

What I'm doing is copying just the Filmname_FTR_... directory to the CRU drive.

However, when it comes time to injest into the projector, we need to open each directory on the drive and select the film and then select import import.

Normally, when the theater gets films, they just open a single parent directory and can then just click down the list to select all the films and do a single import.

What I'm trying to understand is how to replicate this same process as we have many films to import and opening separate directories is quite time consuming.

I hope I described the problem properly.

JIm
Carsten

Re: Parent container

Post by Carsten »

Normal feature drives will usually have the feature in the root directory, and so the content shows up immediately without navigating into a folder.
You can do the same, just copy all xml, MXF, etc. files from the DCP directory into the root directory of the CRU drive and leave away the 'outer' directory.

However, you can only put a single DCP on the drive that way. If you want to put multiple DCPs onto a single drive, you either have to use separate directories for them, or create a special package for all content (not possible with DCP-o-matic currently).

- Carsten