Doremi cineplayer compatibility / XML syntax

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
gregausina

Doremi cineplayer compatibility / XML syntax

Post by gregausina »

Hello,
I don't know if it can be of any use but I've just found a way to edit XMLs coming from DCPoMatic and make them compatible with Doremi Cineplayer 6.4.5(evaluation version). I've used XML files found in a DCP made with DOREMI Cineasset as templates. I've indented and formated your XMLs to make them look alike, added two tags in the PKL assets section following the error messages provided by Cineplayer. It seems to work.
Thanks for your work, DCPoMatic is really easy.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Doremi cineplayer compatibility / XML syntax

Post by carl »

Hi,

Can we have details of the modifications you made?
Thanks!
gregausina

Post by gregausina »

Hello,
Yes of course. I've used textwrangler with tidy xml to indent. It was then easier to compare xml tags between the doremi and the dcpomatic generated files. The main change is in the pkl xml where I've added two tags. I 've tried to attach the files to this message but I get an error message. Can you explain me how to do that?
Best regards, Greg.
gregausina

Post by gregausina »

Hi,
I'm trying to attach the files I've edited to this message but I can't. Can you explain me how to do that on this forum?
Thanks.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

You should see a "Upload attachment" tab just below the Save draft / Preview / Submit buttons. Is that there on your account?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Hmm. Does that mean Doremis Cineplayer can not play DCP-o-matic DCPs? Strange...

- Carsten
gregausina

Post by gregausina »

Hello,
Yes I've tried to use the upload attachement function but I'm not allowed to upload xlm files (error message says xml is not a valid extension). And when I try to zip the files I get an other error message.
About Cineplayer, I originally got error messages about the sturcture of xml when I tried to load my DCP, that is why I decided to compare the XMLs. After altering the files I could load the DCP in Cineplayer and got an image in the player window. I'm not sure about the sound because the evaluation version only allows a very short amount of preview time.
Regards, Grégoire.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Sorry about that. I think I've enabled .xml attachments now...
Attachments
hello.xml
(6 Bytes) Downloaded 691 times
gregausina

Post by gregausina »

Hi,
It works now. I've attached 2 folders in a zip file. The original PKL is indented ( sole alteration ), I did not backup the output of dcpomatic by mistake, sorry. You can check by yourself the difference within textwrangler ( free app ), there is a very handy compare function.
Have a nice day.
Grégoire.
Attachments
xmls.zip
Original XMLs / Edited XMLs
(6 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi Grégoire,

So the difference is the <OriginalFileName> tag? I think this is a bug in Cineplayer, discussed here. The consensus is that Cineplayer is requiring the tag, which is incorrect behaviour. Does that look like your problem?

Cheers
Carl