KDM Creator Crash

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rjtagayon

KDM Creator Crash

Post by rjtagayon »

This has been an issue for like a year now but no matter what settings I use on the KDM creator of DoM it stil crashes when I make KDMs and set it to be sent via email. I've been all over Google just to confirm my gmail smtp settings are correct but everytime DoM just crashes.

Help please?
Carsten

Re: KDM Creator Crash

Post by Carsten »

Does that happen with the current release and test version as well? Is this a standard gmail account? Which OS are you running DOM in?

- Carsten
rjtagayon

Post by rjtagayon »

Hi carl,

Yes it happens with the current release. I used our company domain name for the first attempt, and my standard @gmail.com email account on the second, since I think that's where the problem is, but no. I am running Windows 10 64-bit, latest build.

To give more details, the DCP was made using Davinci Resolve, easyDCP plugin, encrypted. Then I made a DKDM for my machine at home so I can send KDMs whenever a cinema requests for one. I can "create KDMs" and write them to a destination folder just fine. But when I send it via email, DoM will crash.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Can you quote the non-private parts of your mail config? I'll try to recreate here.

- Carsten
rjtagayon

Post by rjtagayon »

Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
Mail user name: tagayonrj@gmail.com (or dcp@wildsoundinc.com, i need to make it work on this address)
port: 465 (or 587, i tried both)
Mail password: *******
Subject: KDM delivery: $CPL_NAME

etc.

Please update me once you've tested it.