Settings for a 16:9 file with a 2.35 embedded letterbox

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Dvdscot

Re: Settings for a 16:9 file with a 2.35 embedded letterbox

Post by Dvdscot »

No, the KDM's are for a DCP that came from Canada, not a normal hard drive, one that only works in cinema servers. Ingesting it was not a problem but the KDM's from a lab didn't appear on the server. They were on a normal stick.

I use Version 2.10.5 git ... 64 bit.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

May be they were

- still ZIPed on the stick, servers don't recognize zipped KDMs on ingest media. They are usually sent zipped per email and need to be unzipped prior to ingest
- the stick/ingest media was badly formatted or broken
- they have beed issued for the wrong server (keys for another server are typically not even shown for ingest)

- Carsten
Dvdscot

Post by Dvdscot »

I unzipped them and the server recognized DCP files (short film, trailer) which were on the same stick.
So that leaves option #3.

I have a second set of KDM's in a different city so awaiting feedback from them as well.

There is also an unencrypted DCP in Canada and a Backup Blu-Ray. I remember the good old times with Blu-Rays and mp4 files played from a laptop, but real cinema is only with DCP's and they really look better. BD's sometimes had pixel errors and mp4 files were jerky. So there is always something and 35mm is over.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

The fastest way to check (not entirely comprehensive) wether a KDM is targeted at a specific server is to look at the KDM file name - most KDM management tools include the server serial into the name of the KDM. E.g. something like 'Doremi_24978'
If you deal with just your own servers, e.g. you could easily memorize your server serials, and will immediately see wether the serial in the KDM file name and your server serials match. The serial in the name is not technically comprehensive, as the matching facts are inside the KDM, but as these KDMs are usually generated automatically, there is usually little room for human error there.

If the KDM name does not indicate the server serial, you can load the KDM into a text editor or internet-browser (it is human readable), and you will usually read both the server type and serial from the KDM text.
There are also online tools that can verify wether a server certificate and a KDM plus DCP/CPL are made for each other.

- Carsten