Sony server cert.

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rjtagayon

Sony server cert.

Post by rjtagayon »

Hi all

I have to send KDMs to a cinema somewhere in Madrid. The problem is their servers are Sony branded, and from what I've read on some forums- you have to extract the certificate files directly from the server and send it to the ones who will create a kdm for you. They keep sending me a pdf file telling me that is the only thing they send prod. houses for kdm generation. This is my first time creating a kdm for Sony servers and honestly I don't know what to do.

Is there an ftp site for sony server certificates? Thank you and please help me :)
Guddu

Re: Sony server cert.

Post by Guddu »

You should contact their customer support with all the information you have over email and phone and they should get you the certificates.

https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/services. ... tact.shtml
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I contacted Sony once about opening their TDL database for DOM certificate download. It was a bit complicated to communicate with them. They said they would consider it, but never came back to me, and I admit, I gave up after some time. I may try again.
They told me one time they gave access to a company, and afterwards that company wanted to sell the whole database to paying customers for a lot of money. Not what they intended to help with.

Not many servers make it really easy for the cinema operators to download their certificates. Clearly, every cinema should have these files at hand anytime to forward them to any interested party.

- Carsten
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

Since the procedure is not mentioned, and could help someone in the future, here is what someone who has access to the server can do to provide you with the certificate:
Log in via a personal computer browser using the "show manager" user credentials
--> Configuration tab
--> System tab
--> Certificate info
in the lower side of the interface, (if not already chosen) choose
Download: KDM (Certificate used to issue KDMS for the Media Block)
on the drop-down-menu
--> Press the "Download" button next to the drop-down-menu
rjtagayon

Post by rjtagayon »

Thanks for the input guys, so there really is no other way unless Sony miraculously decide to open their certificate download site. Problem is the contact on the cinema seem to not have any idea how to do the extraction themselves, they're in Spain and I'm in the Philippines. Wish me luck, then.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I picked up my Sony contact again, and so far their answer is that post production houses get an FTP access. Let's see how far I can get this time...

In general, I think it is the cinemas obligation to obtain and store their certificates - they usually get them with the installation, but very often do not know what to do with them, so they vanish, and all that remains is the serial.

- Carsten
rjtagayon

Post by rjtagayon »

We're a post production house here in the Philippines. How do you get to access their ftp? I mean who do I contact to apply for it. Thanks
rjtagayon

Post by rjtagayon »

Ps i wish you good luck Carsten on this. I dream of a day when I could just open dcp o matic, type a sony serial number in there and have it in no time
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Sony is not actively keeping you from it. I think Dolby/Doremi so far is the only company with an open/free access to a serial=cert database, all other manufacturers have a more or less 'semi-open' approach. Maybe this would be an interesting topic for the ISDCF.

If you struggle often, you may find this interesting:

https://www.dcptools.com/

It works with DCP-o-matic DKDMs, you can have a free testride with some KDMs, and it is reasonably cheap. They do have an internal machine dabase, and it works nicely - type in any serial number (even without indicating manufacturer), and it will find the cert - no, it will not let you download the cert ;-) . I don't know how up-to-date their database is, but as they want to make money with it, I guess they put special effort into it. It doesn't force you to use their encryption or to expose any of your assets. You only need to create a DKDM for 'their' KDM creator. So it's like a web-based version of DOMs KDM Creator.

Let's see how far I can get with Sony on this...

- Carsten
Last edited by Carsten on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Okay, for now (I am putting it up as a jpg so it can't be scanned automatically), to get access to the Sony TDL, contact:
Sony TDL access.jpg
Sony TDL access.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 13634 times
- Carsten