Sony server cert.

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rjtagayon

Re: Sony server cert.

Post by rjtagayon »

Thanks for all of these, I have actually stumbled upon dcptools during my desperate search for an answer., will look further into it.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

-double-
rjtagayon

Post by rjtagayon »

Hi Carsten,

Georgina actually replied to me and gave me the certificates I needed to make the KDMs. She was also kind enough to request an account for our company to be able to download certificates from their site whenever needed. Thanks to you!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

In case someone finds this thread, for completeness, here are two screenshots on how to download the Sony M10/mediablock certificate needed to issue KDMs for Sony SRX-R510/515/815 (DS) systems. It is easy and works with normal projectionist access rights. Plus, other than usual 'complete' cert collections, which includes the whole chain, signing certs, MPEG2 certs, projector certs, etc., which unexperienced users have trouble to sort out, this only delivers the single certificate file that is needed to make KDMs for J2K DCP decryption.
Use a Browser or the local touch screen. After logon, goto Configuration->System->Certificate Info, select 'KDM', click 'Download', and you will see the usual download procedure for your browser (Firefox shown). Choose 'Save to'. You will then find the certificate in typical PEM form in your browsers download directory. Just a few mouseclicks away. Other servers have similar procedures.

Sony515_cert1.jpg
Sony515_cert1.jpg (138.1 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
Sony515_cert2.jpg
Sony515_cert2.jpg (138.8 KiB) Viewed 6549 times

- Carsten
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

Is there a way to get Sony Certificates in 2024 that does not entail spending hours trying to find whom to ask for it? I could not find any support page or phone/email on their Website.
jamiegau

Post by jamiegau »

As Sony has left the digital cinema industry.
I don't expect to find an open FTP server.

However, if anyone has Sony Root and intermediate certificates. I would appreciate them. So if someone submits a cert, it can be verified.

Pretty much every other vendor now has open access to certificate downloads.
Apart from GDC, partial access. (Does not include all certs or Root/Intermediates, only Leafs or player cert)
htoptas

Post by htoptas »

Hi all,

If someone has an ftp server to share I can upload all the sony certs.

30.385 files totals 134 MB

Just send me the login details.

Best
Hakan
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

Dear Hakan, is sharing a Zip file vía WeTransfer an option for you?
htoptas

Post by htoptas »

Yes I can do that.
Here is the the link.

https://mega.nz/file/IgxQQRAB#6qP3aTy3p ... pxHzyDNaZI

Hakan
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

thanxamillion. As Sony pulls out of the cinema business, I find it very important that these certs are out in the wild.