Create DCP hangs every time. Help

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Theatreace

Create DCP hangs every time. Help

Post by Theatreace »

I’m having the same problem every time I try to create a DCP. When it is making the DCP it hangs at different times over and over. I’m using the MAC version and finally got it to give a report when it failed this time.

Thank you in advance for helping me. See the link for the report.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZ4-IL ... sp=sharing
Carsten

Re: Create DCP hangs every time. Help

Post by Carsten »

Hi,

it's not a good idea to start using DCP-o-matic with the test-versions, as they may have bugs. .37 came up last night and we don't know yet if there is a HighSierra Problem. I myself use it in Sierra, without the issue you experience.

For now, I'd suggest:

- Download the current stable release 2.10.5 from here: http://dcpomatic.com/download
- mount all component DMGs (DOM, Batch Converter, Player, etc), although you could download and use every component independently, and put them into a folder (e.g. 'DCP-o-matic_2.10.5') in your app folder. This may help switching between stable and test versions later
- start DCP-o-matic (main app) In this case (going back to 2.10.5 from 2.11.37), you will be notified that your config will be reset

Perform a first DCP conversion using the sample benchmark files from here, e.g. Big Buck Bunny

http://dcpomatic.com/benchmarks/contributing

DCP-o-matic writes it's own log file into the project directory, you could post that as well.

- Carsten
Theatreace

Post by Theatreace »

Thank you for the help. I had been on the stable version and was having the same problem so I tried the new version that is prior to the test version. When that one did not fix the problem I went through and uninstalled all components and then loaded the current test version.

I will try the suggestions. Thank you so much for helping, I will report back what happens.

Best
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Can you send the "log" from your project folder? Also, try Big Buck Bunny as Carsten suggests. Are you working on a NTFS-formatted disk? If so, try using the local hard drive.
Theatreace

Post by Theatreace »

Thanks for the help. I was using a external hard that was formatted NTFS. Apparently the "driver" that allows the Mac to read it would drop the drive for time to time and that's what was causing the hang.

I always felt like it was something I was doing but couldn't find it.

Best
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Which NTFS driver was that?

- Carsten