Subtitle Appearance controls

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Subtitle Appearance controls

Post by Carsten »

Hi Carl,

is it intended behavior that subtitle appearance controls become visible in preview only for e.g SRT files, but not for imported DCPs with xml subs, or the same xml subs being imported separately? I notice I can see a change of size/scale of XML subs of an imported DCP in preview, but not color or text effect (not even when selecting 'burn in'). May be intentional to keep text appearance if subs come fully formatted as with DCI/XML subs?
Would still be nice being able to alter them, no?

Just checked - at least it is WYSIWYG - when I create the DCP with an XML sub and altered appearance settings, X and Y scale setting is translated into the new XML, but e.g. color and font effect are not.

Oh, and in Mantis it would be nice if I could add a note or reopen a bug even if I am not a reporter. Is that possible?

Regards - Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Re: Subtitle Appearance controls

Post by carl »

Hi Carsten,

The idea is that any appearance settings are reflected in the preview, so they sound like bugs.

I've just upped your privileges in Mantis so you should be able to do more-or-less anything now.

Cheers,
Carl
Carsten

Re: Subtitle Appearance controls

Post by Carsten »

Thanks. Let's hope I won't abuse it ;-)

... and I should probably change my password... which I just did... and created a new bug for this. Probably something that the latest appearance bug-fix did not fix.

- Carsten