fread error 22

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Re: fread error 22

Post by Carsten »

So I assume you create these files with a more or less current version of Premiere on a Mac?
Richardfox

Post by Richardfox »

So I tried the Prores 422HQ, same issue. This is waht I found common in the logs:

"WARNING: No codec found for stream 2"

Then:

"Could not open existing assets at..." (...specific pathway to the project file)

Dead!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Does Premiere still support Quicktime Codecs in Windows? I thought they abandoned Quicktime in Windows a while ago?

What drive are you trying to create the DCP on - I assume your Quicktime file are on the same drive? USB? Format? Anything unusual about it?

The 'no codec found for stream 2' usually is nothing serious - in Quicktime pro codecs, this is mostly the timecode track that is of no use for DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

For what it's worth I would be surprised if your 'fread' error was anything to do with the input format you are using - I think it's much more likely to be caused by the drive you are storing your input and/or output files on.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

+1

There must be a problem with that drive or some OS/addon software functions dealing with it in a special way (DCP-o-matic e.g. used to have problems when projects were created within active MS OneDrive folders).
Could even be antivirus software.