importing DKDM

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
past

importing DKDM

Post by past »

Dear All,

re-installing and upgrading my MAC to OS X 10.12 I found the old DCP-o-Matic KDM creator v2.71 is no longer working. OK, I have downloaded current v 2.10.5, but I'm unable to import my DKDMs as the DKDM window shown in the manual does not show up in the application - it shows just CPL dialogue instead. Please see attached screenshot.
Is there any easy way how to import DKDMs into current version, please?

Many thanks for the advice,

Pavel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gunnar

Re: importing DKDM

Post by gunnar »

If you did not make backup of the config and cinema files nothing of your old dkdm will work anymore.
Your old setup of the computer had special certificate for the encryption process. So if you have nothing else than the dkdm from the features they wont work anymore since they where for your old setup. Your installation of the computer is now new computer and those dkdm keys are not made for that setup.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Earlier versions of DCP-o-matic stored DKDMs in the config file, adding up there. Newer versions also allow to save DKDMs as individual files.

I rarely used KDM creator in the past, but currently I wouldn't know why the list of stored DKDMs shouldn't be visible in 2.10.5 - it may be though, that the 2.7x config file is no longer compatible with 2.10.x or 2.11.x.

Do you have a backup of your 2.7x config file? Look into your Library/Preferences/com.dcpomatic folder.

- Carsten
past

Post by past »

Dear Gentlemen,

thank you for advices. The problem I encounter is that performing fresh install, I'm unable to import DKDMs as I'm unable to find an instance where one can add DKDMs. The manual (pg 35, chapter 9.2.2) is saying it should be found on KDM Creator page, but I'm seeing just CPL import at that location (please see the screenshot posted earlier).

I have a copy of ~/Library/Preferences/com.dcpomatic/2/config.xml file

Do you expect deleting all, installing from scratch may help? And how can I import DKDMs and laptop root cert?

Many thanks for your help,

Pavel
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I noticed that screenshot, but wasn't sure wether that was from an earlier version...because, my KDM Creator looks different, both 2.10.5 and 2.11.67.
The screenshot you posted is not from KDM creator, but from DCP-o-matic main application Make KDM dialog - that IS different. I wasn't immediately aware of that, as you only posted a crop. The Make KDM dialog in DCP-o-matic does not work with DKDMs, only with the current active project.

- Carsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
past

Post by past »

ah I see it - I have been confused with Make KDM of the main app thinking it is the KDM Creator.

Installing the KDM creator using my old configs all seem to be working fine, now.

Many thanks for your help and apologies for, well, rather studpid question.

Pavel