Attention Mac users!

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Attention Mac users!

Post by carl »

There's some caching that goes on, so I think once it has worked once on a machine in may be more relaxed. Who knows. Anyway I think it's as good as we can get it for now. Thanks everybody for the testing!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

New plan - get rid of the codesigning! I get unacceptable delays now because everytime I start DCP-o-matic now, I wait for the 'Allow incoming connections?' request. Which doesn't show up. Never. As a result, I am waiting for this dialog to show up much longer than it took me to click 'Yes' in previous versions. What a bummer! Make codesigning a config file option!!!

- Carsten
maxwillies

Post by maxwillies »

Hi All,
today I've downloaded dcp-o-matic 2 V. 2.14.18 for Mac

the app remains stucking during the first open (verifing mac routine)

macOs MOJAVE 10.14

thanks for your help

max
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

How long did you wait? It may take quite a while for the first time, and you shouldn't try to start any other application at the same time.

- Carsten
david looser

Post by david looser »

I'm not a Mac user but this seems to be the only relevant thread. I have a newish laptop running Windows 10 and when I tried to download the DCP-O-matic installer the download was blocked because "it might harm my computer".
Can anyone suggest a way to overcome this problem?
Thanks in advance.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If you click the right sequence of buttons you can keep the download, but it is awkward. It's on my list to find a way to make DCP-o-matic more trusted by Windows.