Attention Mac users!

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Cantar4

Re: Attention Mac users!

Post by Cantar4 »

carl wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am2.11.74?
same behaviour as 72/73 : loong verifying time at first opening (unless using ctrl-click).
Following activations are immediate, no questions asked.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Same here in Sierra - no change.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Here's another try.
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

carl wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 pm Here's another try.
To be sure there was no ill effect due to former installations,
I completely disinstalled DoM with "Clean my Mac" before testing your latest nightly built,

but same unfriendly Apple behavior ; ctrl-click is still our savior.
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

2.11.76 arrive avec les croissants, same unfriendly behavior ; ctrl-click is still the savior.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Carl - this may sound as a childish proposition - and maybe you have tried this already - but could you just create a 'Hello World' app for internal testing (maybe with some incoming traffic ;-)? I admit, the encoding server is already something like that, but I have no idea in how far it uses external libs, frameworks, etc. that would have an impact on signing?

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi Carsten, I could do, and I will if I run out of ideas, but I think the devil is in the detail of the large program... another try is coming up. The odd thing is that the last version worked for me when remoting into a Sierra machine... it's a bit of a mystery.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yup, the fact that it worked for you is strange.

This machine uses a fairly recent OS X install, but admittedly has seen around 70 test releases. Don't know wether that plays a role. I do have access to some other OS X machines, but I need to travel in order to use them.

I could just try to create a fresh install on an external disc, though.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

It's alright, I've got 30 or so machines I can test with. They have some remote management software installed though which I think may be turning off / relaxing gatekeeper in some odd circumstances.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Is it possible that you need to apply structural changes to the code in order to make it compliant with the code signing? In that case, we may risk new bugs to be introduced, possibly hitting 2.12? In that case, I would give it up for now and shift it into 2.13.

As mentioned, the long one-time verification and control click to open is not such a big issue for a stable release - as it will (hopefully) stay installed for a longer time. As long as the re-occurring 'Allow incoming connection' request is gone.

- Carsten