Attention Mac users!

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Attention Mac users!

Post by Carsten »

If anyone of you is currently downloading or about to download the current test release 2.11.x, I would love to hear (in this thread) if you experience any unusual issues when opening any of the 5 separate apps, during initial app verification, Firewall incoming connections requests, etc. Please report the version of DCP-o-matic and OS X you are experiencing this with.

- Carsten
Cantar4

Re: Attention Mac users!

Post by Cantar4 »

Hello Carsten, here with Sierra 10.12.5 and Dom 2.11.70 you still must use the ctrl click to open the app.
And the "Do you want the application “DCP-o-matic 2.app” to accept incoming network connections?"
is still there.
(Apple took the $90 and ran :-(
--jp
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yup, they must be very short of money...

On my machine, I experience a very long app verification (all 5 apps) when running them for the first time. I have seen that in the past, but it always seemed to have been a temporary issue. Now, that behaviour stays since three days. No big deal, just wondering wether it has something to do with the signed apps.

That said, I see the same behaviour with 2.11.68 (which is not signed).

.70 on this machine also still ask to allow incoming connections for main app, batch converter and encode server.

I have that fixed on my snow leopard machine, but that is probably missing gatekepper altogether.

I just read somewhere that the developer ID registration may take some time, so, maybe this will be solved by itself after some days?

- Carsten
primo

Post by primo »

Hi

I'm running Mac OS 10.13.3 and cannot open any newly downloaded version of DCP-o-matic. Everytime a long verification process starts and finally does not open the app. This is new. I have security in system set to "accept all". Doesn't work. Either with latest test version, nor with last "official" release.

Best, Primo
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Reboot, then start one application at a time, and give it some time. On my Macbook, it took several minutes for the verification to complete.
After it went through it once, the apps will start at normal speed. I guess this needs to be solved, but for now, waiting seems to be a work around.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Maybe you could try 2.11.72?
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

carl wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:45 pm Maybe you could try 2.11.72?
after re-signing it perfectly works
--jp
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Hmm, with 2.11.72 in Sierra, I still need to control-open the app to run it for the first time. The Firewall/allow incoming connections request is gone, though. As these re-occurring requests were the most annoying for me, I am okay with the current behaviour, but since Carl spent that money with the lowest possible amount of exaltation, he should also receive the final bang for his bucks and be recognized as a registered developer at initial app opening time?!

2.11.70 verification still takes ages, no change there.

Maybe at some time, Carl could put DCP-o-matic on the app store for a small amount of money? Guess that would earn him a lot more money in the long run compared to the PayPal donation scheme, even if DCP creation is not (yet) something to occupy the masses...
Since the developer fee is an annual obligation, the app store should/could refinance it.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Could you folks try this version?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Hi Carl - on my Sierra machine, no change against .72 - verification takes minutes, but app will not open without CTRL-Click.
When started successfully, no more allow-incoming-traffic request.

- Carsten