Attention Mac users!

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Attention Mac users!

Post by carl »

It's possible that bugs will be introduced, but quite unlikely I hope. I think I'm willing to risk it rather than have this subscription sit around until the next stable version! Also it seems like a matter of time until Apple make it really awkward to run unsigned stuff.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Here's another go if you've got nothing better to do!
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

carl wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:56 pm Here's another go if you've got nothing better to do!
nothing is better than helping our friends to beneficiate from the many features your 2.12.0 brings to the table,
e.g. meta subtitle perfect handling, +/- one frame scrub, conversion to mp4 and Prores, realtime audio/video standalone player.

This one works! You must wait for 3minutes but it lets you bypass the ctrl-click trick forcing the first opening.
Last edited by Cantar4 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

This one works! You must wait for 3minutes but it lets you bypass the ctrl-click trick forcing the first opening.
So it does the "verifying" thing for ages but then opens without further intervention?
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

carl wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 pm
So it does the "verifying" thing for ages but then opens without further intervention?
you only have to click 'open' on the pane showing at the end of the verification.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Is that the one that talks about the program being downloaded from the Internet?
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

carl wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:37 pm Is that the one that talks about the program being downloaded from the Internet?
YES
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I don't think there's much we can do about that. The App Store looks like a whole other world of pain that I'm not ready for yet!

Despite my possibly misplaced confidence there is potential for problems with this new mac version. Any testing would be welcome!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Looks good here in Sierra as well. Verification still takes a while, but then just the request about starting a program downloaded from the internet.

- Carsten
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Oops - now, it works without CTRL-Click for 2.11.76 as well...

It still takes a few minutes to verify the app newly pulled from the DMG, but then all I get is the request wether I want to open it - started with just a left click. Now trying 2.11.72...nope. 2.11.74...nope. .75 I don't have. But all .76 apps work for me with a simple left click after new installation ...
No,I don't have a cat paw lying on my CTRL-Key...

Or am I just late and .77 turned up before I had a chance to actually test .76?

I guess it's about time to abandon the horde of 2.11.xx...I start to lose track...

- Carsten
Last edited by Carsten on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.