3D problems

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
saftsuse

3D problems

Post by saftsuse »

I have been trying to make a 3D DCP. And have two problems.

I have tried 4 different MKV 3D files sidebyside left-rifht. And after DoM finishes transcoding, it gives an error.
Error: Programming error at ../src/lib/writer.cc:727

So I made a new short, 999 image file to do some testing. And i get the samme error on every file I make. tried left-right and top-bottom.

So then I wanted to try to make one DCP using left and right seperate files. But when I choose "3D left only" or "3D right only" the program crashes.
with this message: an exception occured: programming error at ../src/lib/shuffler.cc46

Both errors happened on version 2.12.4 and 2.12.3

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Erik
Carsten

Re: 3D problems

Post by Carsten »

Have you tried 2.13.16? There were some fixes about 3D, and I see another (maybe) 3D related issue on the bugtracker still open.

- Carsten
saftsuse

Post by saftsuse »

Hi,
Where can I find 2.13.16? On the download page the newest I can download is 2.12.4.

Erik
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

saftsuse

Post by saftsuse »

Same problem doing sbs left-right. But hink the last number in the error was 332 in stead of 737.
I can now however choose lefdt only and right only. Trying that right now.

But I found out that if I remove files from the content tab. That when you remove the last file, the program terminates with an error.
I can remove files but not the last file.
Error message as follow:

Run time error

Program C:\programfiles\dcp-o-matic 2\bin+dcpomatic2.exe

This aplication has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
saftsuse

Post by saftsuse »

same error trying left only and right only in 2.13

When I start to transcode the file in 2D, it says 999 frames. When i try in 3D it still says 999 frames.
Should it not have been 1998 frames? 999 frames per channel?

Erik
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

It seems there is something wrong about 3D creation currently. Don't know wether there is a workaround for current versions. Maybe try to revert to 2.10.5 for the time being? Do you know another recent version that worked for you?

Our cinema is not 3D capable, so, aside from some testing, I rarely create 3D DCPs, and I also usually do not have much test content to test various methods. I may need to set something up myself. I have created a Mantis bug report for the time being.

- Carsten
saftsuse

Post by saftsuse »

Hi,

I have not tried to make 3D before with DoM. So I will try the version you mentioned.
I made a public service announcment for 3D glasses a few years ago with opendcp. But that was a whole different workflow.

Regards,
Erik