DoM 2.12.4 - Not responding when opening DCP without original source files

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rtX

DoM 2.12.4 - Not responding when opening DCP without original source files

Post by rtX »

DCP-o-Matic 2.12.4 is "not responding" when I try to open an encrypted DCP made previously. This only happens if the original source files are not present (that is those files from which the DCP was made). In earlier versions of DoM, the program would report the absence of the original source files as missing and highlight them red in the Content box. This allowed, for example, DoM to produce a DKDM for a DCP on one machine with access to the DCP files made on a separate machine elsewhere as long as the DCP and its non-public files were present, but did not require the original source files to be present. I've tried this on a couple of machines and the same thing happens. It happens on the machine on which the original DCP was made if I remove the source files, too. The program will hang indefinitely and has to be "stopped".

I'm running DoM under Win10 fully updated.
Carsten

Re: DoM 2.12.4 - Not responding when opening DCP without original source files

Post by Carsten »

I see that with 2.12.4 in OS X as well - rename a source file, DCP-o-matic will not open the project with source files in red indicated 'missing'.

However, that 'feature' or behaviour is back in 2.13.20 test version (missing source files indicated in red), maybe Carl can backport it to 2.12.x stable.

(edit: happened between 2.12.3 and 2.12.4 - 2.12.3 will unhappily open a project with missing source files)

Ouch/edit: Weird. It doesn't always happen with 2.12.4 - after going through 2.13.20 and 2.12.3 with the same project where I had the source file renamed, it suddenly also worked with 2.12.4. I guess Carl knows what to look for?

- Carsten
rtX

Re: DoM 2.12.4 - Not responding when opening DCP without original source files

Post by rtX »

Fwiw: I'm getting the behaviour I described for 2.12.14 with 2.12.16: "Not responding" when trying to open a DCP without the source files being present. If I force stop DoM, and then restart it and change the drive designations and attach up the original source files, the DCP opens without a hitch.