uuid mismath

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
jillmobley

uuid mismath

Post by jillmobley »

I made a dcp from an .mp4. My GDC server would not ingest it. It yielded an "exception" with the message "has a uuid mismatch"

This is my first time to receive this error. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jill Mobley
Carsten

Re: uuid mismath

Post by Carsten »

Can you tell us more about this DCP? Interop/SMPTE, subtitles yes/no? Version of DCP-o-matic used?

- Carsten
jillmobley

Post by jillmobley »

SMPTE
No subtitles
converting an .mp4

I renamed and tried again, got the same error message.

Content [xxxxx....xx] has asset uuid mismatch
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

What framerate? if 24/25 fps, try Interop for now.

- Carsten
jillmobley

Post by jillmobley »

Frame rate is 60, which must be a default as I did not change that. I selected Interop and received this warning:

You are set up for an Interop DCP at a frame rate which is not officially supported. You are advised either to change the frame rate of your DCP or to make a SMPTE DCP instead. However, setting your DCP frame rate to 24 or 48 will cause a significant slowdown of your content, and SMPTE DCPs are not supported by all projectors.

I will change it to Interop and a frame rate of 24. I am not sure what is meant by slow the content down. Does that mean the conversion to dcp will be slow or that the dcp will run slow?

I will let you know what happens.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

What frame rate is the video that you put into DCP-o-matic? What does it say at the bottom of the "Video" panel?
jillmobley

Post by jillmobley »

carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

For better or worse, DCP-o-matic has chosen 60fps as it's the closest valid DCP frame rate to your content. However, a lot of projection systems can't do 60fps.

I would suggest trying 30fps SMPTE and then, if that doesn't work, 24fps Interop. If it works, the 24fps version will be unwatchably slow but at least it will show us whether the frame rate is the problem or not. 30fps is easier as DCP-o-matic can just discard every other frame.
jillmobley

Post by jillmobley »

I will try frame rate of 30 and SMPTE. I will head to the theater to try and let you know.

Is there something I could as the person that edited this ad to give me that would be better?

Jill
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If making it at 30fps works, then fine... if not, you would want to ask for 24 or 25fps content, but that might cause the editor problems if they are working with source material that has been shot at 30fps. Converting video frame rates isn't trivial.