HI and VI Tracks in DCP-o-Matic

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
jonny

HI and VI Tracks in DCP-o-Matic

Post by jonny »

Hi everyone,

I maybe having a senior moment or maybe Im just being thick but is there anyway to add Hearing Impaired and Vision Impaired tracks to DCPs generated in DOM?

I have looked through all the different tabs and still not able to find anything. I notice that OpenDCP can do it but it doesnt support version files like DOM does. Ideally I would like to be able to use DOM for my entire workflow.

Any help or suggestions greatfully received.

Cheers,
J
Carsten

Re: HI and VI Tracks in DCP-o-Matic

Post by Carsten »

HI and VI-N tracks are just ordinary audio tracks. You need to choose at least an 8 track layout under DCP->Audio. HI is channel 7, VI-N channel 8. If at least an 8ch layout is chosen, you will see HI and VI-N in the audio matrix and you can assign audio files/content to them.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-22 um 22.12.34.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-22 um 22.12.34.jpg (62.3 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-22 um 23.31.05.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-22 um 23.31.05.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 4911 times

Keep in mind that VFs can only add full audio reels, not partial channel additions. That is, you can not add just HI+VI-N tracks to a 5.1 mix as a VF - you need to add the full 5.1+HI+VI-N package to create a VF.

Levels should be similar to Center, around or slightly above -20dBFS RMS, some compression is useful.

- Carsten
Last edited by Carsten on Tue May 22, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonny

Re: HI and VI Tracks in DCP-o-Matic

Post by jonny »

Of course,

I remember seeing that now! Once I had seen your screenshot it jogged my memory. Told you I was having a senior moment.

Yeah I completely understand that the VF would have to have a complete audio of all channels as opposed to a VF for just VI and HI.

Thanks Carsten for the screenshot and your reply.