Which folder to copy to EXT3 drive?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
andrebasso

Which folder to copy to EXT3 drive?

Post by andrebasso »

Hey everyone, sorry for the total newbie questions. First time ever making a DCP and also first time ever copying files over to a Linux EXT3 drive.

First off, what are the correct files that I have to copy to the EXT3 formatted drive in order for it to play properly in cinema projectors? I made a DCP OV based on DPX Reels (no VF) . I see that there are now two folders with .MXF movies inside my DCP-O-Matic project folder. Do I have to copy some of those video files, all of them, or the whole project folder to the EXT3 drive for this to work with cinema projection?

Also, I'm noticing that some of the files in the DCP project folder have 3 letter extensions and some do not. For example, the files "ASSETMAP" and "VOLINDEX" inside of the OV folder do not have extensions. Is this a mistake? Do I need to give these files extensions for them to work on the Linux cinema projection system? All the other files in the project folder have extensions like .mxf, xml, txt, so just wondering why those files do not.

Thanks!

I'm on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and using version 2.12.8 of DCP-O-MATIC... also I'm using extFS for Mac by Paragon software to copy the files over to Linux formatted drive.
Carsten

Re: Which folder to copy to EXT3 drive?

Post by Carsten »

The folder that carries the name you have given to the DCP contains the DCP - also, when you click 'Show DCP' under 'Jobs' after you have created the DCP, your file manager will open and show that folder highlighted, ready to copy/paste to the target drive.

ASSETMAP and VOLINDEX having no extension is correct, this shows you have created an Interop DCP (and that is okay).
Trust DCP-o-matic - it will do the right things (well, most of the time, of course :oops: )

- Carsten
andrebasso

Re: Which folder to copy to EXT3 drive?

Post by andrebasso »

Thanks!