'sort of' batch conversion

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

'sort of' batch conversion

Post by Carsten »

I regularly do slide conversions for our cinema. A while ago I noticed that in DCP-o-matic main, I can create a new project while the previous one is still converting. That appears like poor mans batch conversion. Is that safe to do? Means, once I have chosen 'Make DCP', all parameters for that DCP conversion are frozen, and it is safe to work on a new one? It never failed so far, but ...

- Carsten
Carsten

Re: 'sort of' batch conversion

Post by Carsten »

[bump]
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Erm... I would guess so. Creating a new project will make a new set of data structures to hold its details, and the old set will be held onto because the job management code has a reference to it, so I think it should be fine!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

To make things clearer - it is always a new project file/folder and new source media, so, I am not just modifying an existing project.
It's handy doing it that way, though, since my stills use fade in/out, they do take a while to convert, and as I am using a template to create 10 or 15 of them at a time, setting up a new project only takes a few seconds, and otherwise I would have to wait for every conversion to finish.
Okay, of course I really could use batch converter, but...

- Carsten