Subtitles and reels

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
gunnar

Subtitles and reels

Post by gunnar »

Just wondering...
Have anyone here been able to sucessfully insert subtitle reels into existing dcp?
No matter how i try to line the subtitle reels in on the timeline i never manage to let it sync to the dcp.
The way i do it i just render the dcp to mp4. Inport this mp4 into my EZTitle subtitle software and merge those subtitle reels to just one subtitle file (that sync to the mp4 file from the dcp)
Then i go back with this new one reel subtitle file into DoM and importit again into this multi reel dcp and then DoM split this one reel sub correctly into correct reel and the one reel sub i made is automaticly seperate for each reel.
So bottom line, i have never been able to import each subtitle file in as seperate reel. No reel then is in sync.

I think it might improove DoM by adding to the GUI tab for each reel and then each subtitle file could be imported in correct reel tab (as each reel tab would be like stand alone dcp)

Or have anyone here been able to add in multi reel subtitle?
Carsten

Re: Subtitles and reels

Post by Carsten »

As DCP-o-matic has a preview function for subtitles - have you been able to diagnose the timing shift? You can also open the subtitle list view and check what happens with the timings and compare with those that you inserted in EZTitle.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

How are you setting the start position of the separate subtitle files when you import them?
I think it might improove DoM by adding to the GUI tab for each reel and then each subtitle file could be imported in correct reel tab (as each reel tab would be like stand alone dcp)
How would that handle content that spans multiple reels?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

gunnar - can you open that project again, open timeline view, and make a snapshot and post it here?

- Carsten