Server/Projector compatibility issue question

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Jason M

Server/Projector compatibility issue question

Post by Jason M »

Hi, I have an issue with a Dolby DSS220 server and Barco DP2K_20c projector. I'm using albeit older version of dcp o matic ( 2.10.5) I've run out quite a few dcps to all over without any issues so far (don't fix what ain't broke right?). The theater in question can ingest and KDMs are all good for each one I've sent them but it will not play. Just a black screen and the time code does not move forward. Audio does not play either. My question if anyone can answer has anyone had this issue? And do the latest version(s) of Dcp o matic fix this issue. The compatibility list on the website lists that it has been tested but does not state what version it was tested with.

Any push in the right direction would be awesome !

Thanks
Jason
Carsten

Re: Server/Projector compatibility issue question

Post by Carsten »

Are you absolutely sure you are using 2.10.5?

Can you play unencrypted content?

I can't follow your description fully - did this specific theater once successfully played DCPs you created, or is this a new theater you never supplied DCPs to before?

Can you give us any specifics of one the non-functioning DCPs - frame rate, Interop/SMPTE, 2D/3D, resolution, etc. Anything that might help in finding a pattern. But, except for one specific issue between 2.11.21 and 2.11.33 or so, I have never heard of any specific incompatibilities between DCP-o-matic and Dolby servers.

- Carsten