Unexpected node image error when importing a DCP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Guddu

Unexpected node image error when importing a DCP

Post by Guddu »

I am getting an error "unexpected node Image" when importing a DCP.

This has happened with the 2 DCPs that I received and I still don't have any reason to believe that the problem lies in those files as they have double checked and what they sent works well at their end (in some other DCP creation tools that they use).

What could be the issue that this is not working as expected?

I see the following in the log files.

8/31/2018 2:07:48 AM: Sub-job Computing digest starting
8/31/2018 2:07:48 AM: ERROR: unexpected node Image
8/31/2018 2:07:48 AM: ERROR: It is not known what caused this error. Please report this problem by using Help -> Report a problem or via email to carl@dcpomatic.com
8/31/2018 2:07:48 AM: ERROR: Error in job: unexpected node Image (It is not known what caused this error. Please report this problem by using Help -> Report a problem or via email to carl@dcpomatic.com)

Appreciate your help.
Guddu

Re: Unexpected node image error when importing a DCP

Post by Guddu »

Just wanted to add that when I load this enrcypted DCP in NeoDCP Player (trial version), it loads fine to the extent that it is recognized well and the inspect DCP button inspects and recognizes the content well (Audio, Video and Subtitles).

The subtitles here use PNG images if that could be the reason it gives the image related error in DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

What version are you using? You need to be on the test versions from here to use PNG subtitles.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Carl - does the standalone test player support png subtitles already?

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Looks like I haven't got that far yet ... I'll have a look.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I didn't mean to push you anywhere ... ;-)

- Carsten
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

carl wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:34 am What version are you using? You need to be on the test versions from here to use PNG subtitles.
Dear Carl....I tried with that Test version and I get this error when trying to load the DCP

Code: Select all

9/1/2018 12:05:02 AM: Sub-job Computing digest starting
9/1/2018 12:05:03 AM: ERROR: Error in job: Unknown asset type image/png in PKL ()
Its worth noting that the PKL does have this tag that it is complaining about
<Type>image/png</Type>

Attached is the PKL.

Appreciate your help on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Guddu - for now, png subs are simply not supported. Your error may help Carl in improving png support, as he just started to implement that functionality, but for now, the DCP type you are trying to load is not supported. Interesting question wether there could be ways to ignore unsupported asset types and load only those that are supported.

Now, DCP-o-matic is on the way to support more or less everything that can be in a DCP, but, with the SMPTE DCP, it is possible that we will see more unified packages including all possible assets - subs, CCAPs, ATMOS, etc. So, if DCP-o-matic can not handle these, there would be no 'simple' reduced package as an alternative.

- Carsten
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

Carsten wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:12 pm Guddu - for now, png subs are simply not supported. Your error may help Carl in improving png support, as he just started to implement that functionality, but for now, the DCP type you are trying to load is not supported. Interesting question wether there could be ways to ignore unsupported asset types and load only those that are supported.

Now, DCP-o-matic is on the way to support more or less everything that can be in a DCP, but, with the SMPTE DCP, it is possible that we will see more unified packages including all possible assets - subs, CCAPs, ATMOS, etc. So, if DCP-o-matic can not handle these, there would be no 'simple' reduced package as an alternative.

- Carsten
Dear Cartsen,

What I am trying to do with this DCP is to generate a version with a different language Subtitles (and burnt in). The assets that are not loading are not at all of interest to me but they prevent the whole DCP to load anyways. Not sure if the newer versions of DOM are planned anytime soon. May be Carl can give some more information on this.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I'm on it :)