DOM hang on adding DKDM (DOM Test Version 2.13.47)

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Guddu

DOM hang on adding DKDM (DOM Test Version 2.13.47)

Post by Guddu »

I downloaded and installed the DOM Test Version 2.13.47 and imported all the certificates from my existing installation into DOM.

I added the DCP which earlier used to give an error as it is being discussed in https://dcpomatic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1154 but not it load fine and asks for KDM.

When I load the DKDM that I received from the studio then DOM hangs. The screenshot is at http://prntscr.com/kpwu0b

This is all i see in the log file

Code: Select all

9/3/2018 1:54:48 AM: Sub-job Computing digest starting
9/3/2018 1:54:49 AM: Video length obtained from header as 152607 frames
What could be the reason for this?

Also, I noticed that each time when i start DOM, i get an error message as shown in http://prntscr.com/kpwux1

I have double checked and all the certificates have been loaded exactly as they are on the existing server where I have a Working setup of DOM.

Thanks for the guidance.
Carsten

Re: DOM hang on adding DKDM (DOM Test Version 2.13.47)

Post by Carsten »

Hi Guddu - that last thing is not an error, just a hint. You should allow to recreate the signing certificates, then that message will be gone. It concerns the signing certificates only, not the encryption certificate, and it should have no negative consequences. After you allowed the recreation, you should probably also create a fresh backup of your config and certificates, to use from now on.

- Carsten
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

Dear Carsten. . .

I left the server running all night but the DKDM ingest has not moved any further. Still remains at 0% computing digest. Could it be an issue with the test version?

Since I have a DKDM specific to my installation, I cannot recreate the certificates. That's why I had to copy the certificates from the existing install (on which I couldn't have installed the Test Version) to this new server ( on which I am testing the Test Version as it has the PNG subtitles related changes).
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

Could anything else be done to load this DCP in DOM?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Guddu - you have to read carefully - only the encryption leaf certificate is criticial for your existing DKDMs/DCP to work.
The mentioned signing certificates do not break your encryption chain. Only these are recreated when clicking 'Recreate Signing Certificates'.

That said - I am sure that this doesn't solve your issue.

First thing would be to step back to an older version of DCP-o-matic to see wether that fixes your issue.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I think this is fixed in 2.13.48: @Guddu is looking at it.
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

carl wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:29 am I think this is fixed in 2.13.48: @Guddu is looking at it.
I confirm that this is fixed in 2.13.48 :) Thanks a lot Carl.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks @Guddu. If you want to try the alternative version with no subtitle antialiasing (possibly) it's here.
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

carl wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:17 am Thanks @Guddu. If you want to try the alternative version with no subtitle antialiasing (possibly) it's here.
Not sure why but I did not see any difference with the version without antialiasing. Here is the image.

http://prntscr.com/kshmm9

The first one is from the Newer version. Look a the diagonal bar of N for example. I think i do not need to test this in Cinemas as that pixelating issue is clearly seen here.