Doremi dcp2000 doesn't upload my DCP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
palbezal

Doremi dcp2000 doesn't upload my DCP

Post by palbezal »

Hi guys,

First of all a lot of thank to DCP-o-matic. The program helped me out quiet a bit in the past.
Today I came across my first problem trying to upload a short test version of my film on a doremi dcp2000 server at my local cinema.
I plugged in my USB stick (ntfs) and the 2 DCP files that were on there were shown on screen but we couldn't manage to upload them to the server.
On the forum/internet I read some things that it would be better to use an EXT2 harddrive. Is this in my case still an option? Because obviously there is a connection between the server and usb-stick because the computer can see whats on it.

The DCP I made was in: 4k 50 frames SMPTE

There was also a DCP from an earlier production on the USB, which screened a couple of months ago in a different cinema (and worked). That one was in: 2k 25 SMPTE.

We couldn't get both of them to work. Hope to hear if you guys have any idea what the problem might be.

Thanks,

Paul
Carsten

Re: Doremi dcp2000 doesn't upload my DCP

Post by Carsten »

NTFS is fine. 4K 50fps does not work, 4K DCP is only supported up to 30fps currently on Doremis.

What happened when you tried to ingest these two DCPs? Usually a Doremi gives some indication.

I suggest you re-format the stick and try again. USB sticks can be unreliable at times.

- Carsten
palbezal

Re: Doremi dcp2000 doesn't upload my DCP

Post by palbezal »

Thanks for your quick reply Carsten,

We didn't get an indication from Doremi, it just stayed at 0%.
I'll shall re-format the USBstick and try again soon.
Thanks for the advice.

Paul