DOM and Unique Rosettabridge TMS

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Jan Rogowski

DOM and Unique Rosettabridge TMS

Post by Jan Rogowski »

I took a couple of unencrypted DCPs, one 2D and one 3D, to our local multiplex cinema today but encountered issues with their TMS system - it wouldn't recognise the files.

I'm not really sure why, I think I got the naming conventions right, see below...

SDATC_TSR-2D-24_F_EN-XX_UK-NR_20_2K_NULL_20190117_NUL_IOP_OV
SDATC_TSR-3D-24_F_EN-XX_UK-NR_20_2K_NULL_20190117_NUL_IOP_OV

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this kind of issue with DCP authored in DOM?

I have taken other files into other cinemas, presumably using a different TMS, and it worked fine. Worth noting that while the TMS at todays cinema didn't like the DCP, the projector did, ingested it and played no problem.
Carsten

Re: DOM and Unique Rosettabridge TMS

Post by Carsten »

Did the TMS recognize ANYTHING on your disc? How was the disc formatted?

It does occur that TMS reject DCPs while the actual servers have no trouble ingesting them.

I don't think the chosen DCP name is the reason for it. There are many DCPs with badly formatted names, if a TMS would be too picky, it would cause loads of troubles.

- Carsten
Jan Rogowski

Re: DOM and Unique Rosettabridge TMS

Post by Jan Rogowski »

USB key was NTFS. The Rosettabridge software saw the drive, even showed me how much space was used/available on the drive, but found no DCPs to ingest.

A brief bit of googlefu suggests that there may be some systems that are sensitive to certain optional parameters in the xml. But I wouldn't know where to start if that's the case.