3D DCP anyone successful?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
saftsuse

3D DCP anyone successful?

Post by saftsuse »

I just like to ask if anyone has made a 3D DCP successfully?

I have tried many versions of DOM and even the latest 2.12.19 and when making the DCP it finishes with "Programming error at......."

So anyone ever made a 3D DCP?

Regards,
Erik
carl
Site Admin

Re: 3D DCP anyone successful?

Post by carl »

Hi

At this point I would advise you to try the test version

https://dcpomatic.com/test-download

There are a number of 3D fixes there.
scozz76

Post by scozz76 »

I'm not having any problems with short tests using SBS 3D though I have noticed if I use separate L/R files the DCP appears to switch in and out of 3D.

Version 2.13.116

I've uploaded a screen capture in anaglyph and the source files to the following link:
https://mega.nz/#F!XfA3DSKK!5iVvwTaVMtPN7YwuzT0lLw

The source files play perfectly in stereoscopic player as LR import.

What am I doing wrong?
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

Would it be possible to let this whole 3D joke (and waste of time) Requiescat in Pace ?
scozz76

Post by scozz76 »

Cantar4 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 pm Would it be possible to let this whole 3D joke (and waste of time) Requiescat in Pace ?
It would be nice but I fear someone will want a 3D DCP made for their entry into some weird alternative Film Festival.
saftsuse

Post by saftsuse »

I have tried the test version. the first three times the program crashed upon finishing the DCP. Then I restarted the computer and I have now succssfully made a 3D DCP. :-)

But, there is two problems.
number one: I think there is a problem with the subtitles.
The DCP is made with SBS material, and in DOM there is 2 pictures SBS and the subtitles is on both the left and right side picture. So far, so good. But the moment I tick the box for 3D DCP, the picture change from side by side to showing only the left or the right picture. But the subtitles remains on the left and right side of the now single picture.
So when played in DOM player, the movie plays with double set of squeesed subtitles, left side and right side. This is with subtitles burnt in.

Problem 2.
As noted it playes in the DOM player, But the DoReMi player did not play it. The DCP ingested fine, but when I tried to play, the picture is only flashing, and here is the odd part, it shows the last picture frame of the last loaded DCP. I was checking the movie "Alita: battle angel" to set a time for house lights when the credit roll begin. And even after loading my 3D DCP, that last Alita picture was projected on the screen flashing for a few seconds, and then it was like the DoReMi was hanging for a few seconds and then stopped like the DCP was finished playing.

I have made a new DCP today, that I will check later this week if yhis new one will play.

Erik
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

@scozzz76 2.13.117 should be better for you; let me know how you get on if you try it.

@saftsuse I will investigate...
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

But, there is two problems.
number one: I think there is a problem with the subtitles.
The DCP is made with SBS material, and in DOM there is 2 pictures SBS and the subtitles is on both the left and right side picture. So far, so good. But the moment I tick the box for 3D DCP, the picture change from side by side to showing only the left or the right picture. But the subtitles remains on the left and right side of the now single picture.
So when played in DOM player, the movie plays with double set of squeesed subtitles, left side and right side. This is with subtitles burnt in.
Do you have an example (input) file that shows this problem?
As noted it playes in the DOM player, But the DoReMi player did not play it. The DCP ingested fine, but when I tried to play, the picture is only flashing, and here is the odd part, it shows the last picture frame of the last loaded DCP. I was checking the movie "Alita: battle angel" to set a time for house lights when the credit roll begin. And even after loading my 3D DCP, that last Alita picture was projected on the screen flashing for a few seconds, and then it was like the DoReMi was hanging for a few seconds and then stopped like the DCP was finished playing.
Are you working at 24 frames per second?
scozz76

Post by scozz76 »

carl wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 am @scozzz76 2.13.117 should be better for you; let me know how you get on if you try it.
Perfect! Thanks.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

@saftsuse: do you have any replies to my questions above?