DCP with 7.1

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Vsevolod

Re: DCP with 7.1

Post by Vsevolod »

Thanks for the great help, Carsten! :D
Vsevolod

Post by Vsevolod »

By the way, Carsten! When I checked the DCP in the DCP Player before the cinema, the video in it was slightly slow. Is this a mistake or not? But in the cinema reproduced at normal speed.

And in the program itself, I heard the sound only in stereo, although I have a 5.1 speaker system.

My computer: Intel Core i7 4790k, 32gb RAM, GTX770 OC 4GB.
DCP-o-Matic Version 2.12.20
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

The player lacks performance in j2k decoding, you can lower decode resolution and get smoother playback. In most cases, DCP-o-matic will downmix to stereo, but can also output multichannel, but you may need to choose and config audio devices on your PC, it's probably a bit trial and error to get 5.1 working and it probably also depends a bit on the specific player version. But the idea is to have multichannel playout if the audio device supports it.
I think the latest test-release player does a slightly better job. If you finished your current DCP project, try the current test version 2.13x.
2.14 stable is close to a release date.

- Carsten
Vsevolod

Post by Vsevolod »

Thank you, Carsten! Tomorrow I have a movie premiere at the cinema. In this cinema, I did not check the movie. Help please: SMPTE or Interop? What is safer and less error prone?

And will it be normal to use DNxHD 422 instead of 444? The difference for DCP is not significant?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

What is the frame rate?

If 24 or 25, then Interop is okay. Depends a bit on the server they use. Best is to inquire.

- Carsten
Vsevolod

Post by Vsevolod »

Thank you very much for the help, Carsten! March 27, the premiere of my movie at the cinema! I did not notice any errors and problems with DCP! Our cinema advised to use SMPTE. I did not take risks with sound 7.1 and used a 5.1 mix. Everyone liked it and I myself was delighted! :D