SRT subtitles display in Preview

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Alex Asp

SRT subtitles display in Preview

Post by Alex Asp »

First couple of subtitles (sometimes more) are not displayed in Preview in DOM since version 2.12, and now up to the latest 2.13.149. Mac OS X 10.14.4
However in the created DCP all subtitles are present and displayed in Player and also in cinema.
carl
Site Admin

Re: SRT subtitles display in Preview

Post by carl »

Can you attach or send an example srt file to carl@dcpomatic.com ?
Alex Asp

Post by Alex Asp »

Sure. No Problem.
Alex Asp

Post by Alex Asp »

I probably should add that this happens in DOM continuously running preview, but if preview is stopped and I nudge a couple of frames forward, the missing subtitle appears in preview.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If you add the .srt file that you sent me to an empty DCP-o-matic project do you still see the problem?
Alex Asp

Post by Alex Asp »

I'll try it today and let you know.
Alex Asp

Post by Alex Asp »

When I Import the srt file into an empty DOM project it displays all subtitles from the beginning. If I add to dat a movie, then the first subtitles are not displayed in preview, but all are present in the finished DCP.
The number of subtitles not displayed in Preview are random: sometimes 4, sometimes 12.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I think I had that as well, and reported it to Carl a few weeks ago. However, I could not reproduce it, and thus considered it a rare issue in combination with specific project settings or source content.

- Carsten
Alex Asp

Post by Alex Asp »

It happens in SMPTE and INTEROP projects, Flat, Scope, mono sound, 5.1 sound or any combination thereof.
It might have something to do with source movie. It usually happens with M2TS files.
Haven't noticed this behaviour (not that it may not happen there) with other source files.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Do you have any video file that is small enough to send me which shows up the problem?