Subtitles not showing up on Barco projector

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
elmermakkinga

Subtitles not showing up on Barco projector

Post by elmermakkinga »

Hey everyone,

The subtitles for a DCP I created using DOM aren't showing up on screen. However, when I load the DCP with DOM-player, the subtitles work just fine.

The DCP is a 24 fps interop DCP with subtitles (not burnt-in) from an srt-file. The cinema it will be screened in uses a Dolby DSS200 server with a Barco DP2K-15C projector. When I check CineCanvas using Barco Communicator, it says the subtitles status is disabled.

The strange thing is, I've created DCP's exactly this way before (interop DCP with softsubs from an srt) and they worked just fine. What can I do to get more reliable results in the future (except using burnt-in subs)? Is it worth trying to create a VF with the same srt-file to save rendering time?

Kind regards,
Elmer
Carsten

Re: Subtitles not showing up on Barco projector

Post by Carsten »

Please have a look at the UUID/subitle folder of that Interop-DCP. How large (KB) is the subtitle XML and font (TTF) file?

TimedText subtitles have been whacky for a long time, but should play more solid nowadays if server and projector are running current software.

Have you been successful playing subtitles/TimedText DCPs on that specific setup before?

- Carsten