"Error in writing video MXF" (error-16) help

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
samdaman94

Re: "Error in writing video MXF" (error-16) help

Post by samdaman94 »

In a surprise twist, the writing is still failing with error 16 when I attempt to write the DCP directly to my laptop and not the external hard-drive. This is very bizarre. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the programme (incase it had become corrupt in any way) and that also didn't help it. I've been using DCP-o-matic for years and never had an issue until recently.

The conversion on the other laptop is still running smoothly so I will be interested to see the result of that. This is all very peculiar.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Wow. Weird...

Overheating? Memory issue? Maybe the source footage is corrupt (although that would probably give a different error).

How much space is free on the internal drive? What about virus protection software?

- Carsten
samdaman94

Post by samdaman94 »

The conversions seem to be working OK on the old machine so will stick with that for the time being.
No idea why the newer machine isn't working, after years of successful DCP making!
Thanks so much for your help.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Again, try it with reel size set to 2GB. Not that this would point to something immediately. Aside from virus protection software, I think we never came across something like that so far.

If we can't solve it, you may use that notebook as an encoding server for the other machine.

- Carsten