new computer build

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Re: new computer build

Post by Carsten »

I don't think memory bandwidth is the issue here. J2K is very slow computationally, so, I don't think you benefit from ultrafast memory.

However, you may still need to lookup that special 2990wx memory addressing issue on google and check how to get the best from your mainboard seetings/options. Still, I don't hink this is the issue here.

- Carsten
brendo

Post by brendo »

I have the exact same problem with a 32 core Ryzen, did you get any resolution?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I'm still not sure what's going on with Ryzen performance, and sadly I don't have access to one to do any testing myself.

As Carsten says, the most useful thing you can do for debugging would be to run your slow encodes with all the debugging options (in preferences->advanced) turned on, then send me the "log" file - carl@dcpomatic.com
brendo

Post by brendo »

Running a new job now with all the logging enabled... fps has now dropped to 6fps
Attachments
ryzen.PNG
ryzen.PNG (127.39 KiB) Viewed 3918 times
rlsound

Post by rlsound »

Looks like a lot of the threads aren't being used. My experience is the CPU usage should be at or close to 100%.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

@brendo - if you can send me the log file, that would be great. You don't have to wait for the job to complete, there's probably useful information in there even if it's partially done.
brendo

Post by brendo »

H Carl,

log file is on the way to you on a wetransfer link.

thanks