Take a second video signal from a DOREMI

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
hein

Take a second video signal from a DOREMI

Post by hein »

Hello,

I'm preparing a cineconcert with live music and one of the musicians needs to see the film that is going to be projected in his back.

is it possible to take a second video signal to an external monitor from a DOREMI? (firewire, or something)?

Does anyone ever tried or manage to do something like this?

thank you
hein?!
jakesinn

Re: Take a second video signal from a DOREMI

Post by jakesinn »

Hi Hein,

Can you explain what you are trying to do a bit more?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

hein wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:52 pm I'm preparing a cineconcert with live music and one of the musicians needs to see the film that is going to be projected in his back.
is it possible to take a second video signal to an external monitor from a DOREMI? (firewire, or something)?
It is possible under very special conditions and with an experienced tech able to source components (HD-SDI splitter) and configure the system (disable link encryption, set common HD-SDI color space/single link/bit depth, or configure for 3D playback). If you don't find someone knowledgeable locally, you need to find another solution.

If the DCP to be shown is encrypted, there is no way at all to tap a video feed.

If possible, the video should come from a DVD/Bluray or hard disc/PC player with standard video lines as HD-SDI or HDMI. These signals can be split to a second monitor using cheap components.

However, this leads us too far from this forums intention. I noticed you also inquired on film-tech - that's the better place to discuss this. Some have already suggested alternative methods there.

If the DCP to be shown is encrypted, and there is no way to show the video from a different source, a mirror, or a camera pointed at the screen are realistic options.

- Carsten
hein

Post by hein »

I actually tought that would be the answer to my question.

I appreciate your help. I think I'll need to use the live camera method to solve this out.

Thank you very much!
hein?!