stuck "verifying"

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
vadermcc

stuck "verifying"

Post by vadermcc »

Hey all, I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 and I just downloaded the most recent version of DCP-o-matic (2.14.23), but whenever I try opening it I get stuck with a "verifying 'DCP-o-matic'" window that never moves past around the 65% point.

I can't remember the previous version of DCP-o-matic I was using before, but I had run into this problem and was hoping it could be fixed by downloading the most recent version. I'm also a bit of a pleeb when it comes to software issues like this, so I'm perfectly happy if this is some easy fix that I just don't know enough to workaround.

Any help is appreciated!
carl
Site Admin

Re: stuck "verifying"

Post by carl »

Hi. How long have you waited with it stuck at 65%? The verification thing can sometimes take 20 minutes or even more.
vadermcc

Post by vadermcc »

I feel like a good 15 mins, but I'll stick it out for longer. It's just that it's never taken that long to verify before.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yup. Reboot the machine, wait for it to settle, start DCP-o-matic, and just give it time to finish. Don't do anything else during verification, especially, don't start any of the other DCP-o-matic apps. From my experience, verifying more than one app at the same time will never come to an end.

I downloaded 2.14.23 today, and the verification in Sierra took a while, but finished.

- Carsten
vadermcc

Post by vadermcc »

Doi! I just had to leave it for a longer period of time.

Thanks!