Separate DCP subtitles + projecting

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Fuu

Separate DCP subtitles + projecting

Post by Fuu »

Hello,

I just created the "OV" and Subtitles DCPs, but I'm unsure if changing the folders' names will affect the connection between both of these.

And also, since it's the first time I have to make and send a DCP... For this movie to be projected, I only need to send these two folders and the people in charge of projecting it will do whatever has to be done for it to be projected, right? I don't need to do anything else after creating the DCPs?

Thank you!
carl
Site Admin

Re: Separate DCP subtitles + projecting

Post by carl »

Hi Fuu,

Changing the folders' names should not affect anything, and sending those two folders should be enough, indeed. It might be a good idea to tell the recipient that there is a subtitled OV (as otherwise they could, in theory, play the unsubtitled one by mistake). Will there be time for a test of your DCPs wherever they are being projected? It would be a very good idea to arrange a test, if at all possible!

Best,
Carl
Carsten

Re: Separate DCP subtitles + projecting

Post by Carsten »

Keep the charset for the folders simple - don't add any special characters. Some servers don't like them. Usually, DCP-o-matic keeps the name within reasonable constraints, but if you change them manually, it's up to you.

Did you test your subtitled VF and OV successfully in DCP-o-matic player?

What file system/transport method did you choose to transport the DCP to the server? How large is the OV?

- Carsten