Please Help Clipster VS DOM

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Cooller89

Please Help Clipster VS DOM

Post by Cooller89 »

Hello everyone. Faced a problem. I made an encrypted package, made VF with subtitles for it, transferred it to a studio that runs on DCI CLIPSTER, and they say that I have a defects in the picture, I use a pirated program and refuse to cooperate. Although there is no defects, I checked in a movie theater. What should I do?
Cooller89

Re: Please Help Clipster VS DOM

Post by Cooller89 »

are the DOM and the Clipster compatible?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

They should be. Do they mean DCP-o-matic when they talk about pirated software?

Will they give you any more details other than "defects'?

You can give them my email address if they want to talk to me about it.

What are they proposing as the next step?
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

Yes, they mean DCP-O-Matic, talking about pirated software. They don’t say anything specific about defects, they say, sort it out yourself. And I downloaded OV and VF to my doremi server and it calmly downloaded from, the keys were installed and the movie works. I believe that they simply do not want to accept a package from DCP-O-Matic and lie about defects
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

If this is just the thing that they don't want to work with content made with DoM then feel free to contact me if you want me to offer you DCP service. I do have Dolby Cineasset Pro.
My email is gunnar@cinelab.is
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

OK, I'm afraid I can't think of many solutions to that, other than

1. use a different studio
2. remove the obvious means of identifying that DCP-o-matic was used for the DCP, then resubmit it
3. use different software that they will accept

And while you're at it you could ask them to look up what "pirated" means and ask them to stop calling DCP-o-matic that :roll:
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

gunnar wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:22 pm If this is just the thing that they don't want to work with content made with DoM then feel free to contact me if you want me to offer you DCP service. I do have Dolby Cineasset Pro.
My email is gunnar@cinelab.is
I did DCP for free for them, how much do you charge for it?
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

carl wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:37 pm OK, I'm afraid I can't think of many solutions to that, other than

1. use a different studio
2. remove the obvious means of identifying that DCP-o-matic was used for the DCP, then resubmit it
3. use different software that they will accept

And while you're at it you could ask them to look up what "pirated" means and ask them to stop calling DCP-o-matic that :roll:
How to remove identification tools? information is written in CPL and PKL files repeatedly

if I delete manually the package will be corrupted and will not open anywhere
Last edited by Cooller89 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Can you tell us more about your relation to this studio? What were you doing for them, what are they supposed to do with your DCP in Clipster? Are they in your home country, do they speak your native language?

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

How to remove identification tools? information is written in CPL and PKL files repeatedly
Actually that needs some changes to DCP-o-matic; I'm working on it ... I'll let you know when it's done.