DCP-o-matic DKDM Certificate

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
jcslvs

DCP-o-matic DKDM Certificate

Post by jcslvs »

Hello,

We're working for a small film festival and we need a DKDM to unencrypt a feature and create our own, translated DCP for our exhibition rooms. Problem is, we're working it through DCP-o-matic and the film distributors are asking for our "server information", I figure our server certificate, in order for them to produce the DKDM. I know DKDM's can be created specifically for DCP-o-matic. What I'm asking is, what kind of files or info do I need to give the distributors, and where in DCP-o-matic can I find them?

Thank you for all your help.
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP-o-matic DKDM Certificate

Post by carl »

Hi,

Go to Preferences -> Keys, click "Export DCP decryption certificate..." and give them the file that it saves.

If you're doing this stuff it's a good idea to back up your DCP-o-matic configuration, as if you lose it any DKDMs you have received will be no use. The configuration is in various places depending on whether you're using Windows, mac or Linux: https://dcpomatic.com/faq?id=23
jcslvs

Post by jcslvs »

carl wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:53 am Hi,

Go to Preferences -> Keys, click "Export DCP decryption certificate..." and give them the file that it saves.

If you're doing this stuff it's a good idea to back up your DCP-o-matic configuration, as if you lose it any DKDMs you have received will be no use. The configuration is in various places depending on whether you're using Windows, mac or Linux: https://dcpomatic.com/faq?id=23
Thank you very much for the quick reply! Quick question: I can only find the option "Export KDM decryption certificate..." not "DCP decryption..." are they the same?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Sorry, yes that's the one I meant.
jcslvs

Post by jcslvs »

carl wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:38 am Sorry, yes that's the one I meant.
Perfect, I think it's solved. Thank you very much for your help.