Software freezing while making DCP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Dbal

Software freezing while making DCP

Post by Dbal »

Hi,

I have a very urgent need of preparing a DCP, I downloaded the last stable version, imported the folder with the stills and audio track but when I click on Jobs ---> Make DCP the software freezes without showing any progress and I can't understand if it's working or not.

Anyone can help?

Thank you
carl
Site Admin

Re: Software freezing while making DCP

Post by carl »

Can you take a screenshot of the frozen DCP-o-matic? Can you see in the task manager if it is using any CPU? Also, there may be a log file inside your project folder - perhaps you could attach that here or send it to carl@dcpomatic.com
Dbal

Post by Dbal »

Hi, I am attaching the screenshot. In task manager I can see that both CPU and disk usage are varying over time so it could be that the software is encoding anyway? The movie is almost thirty minutes long, how much time should I give to it before being alarmed?
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The "Non risponde" is not a very good sign. Did you click on one of the "show audio" options, or do you have "Automatically analyse content audio" ticked in Preferences? There is an open bug (which I have not yet reproduced) where the "analyze audio" process doesn't start up and just hangs the program. If we can avoid that, things might work better.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

As a quick check - open the project, delete the audio, hit make DCP - if it hangs again, force-quit, reopen the project, remove video (leave just audio), try again. Maybe it can be tracked down to issues with either audio or video. I have never seen that happening before, but admittedly, I rarely create DCPs from image series.

- Carsten
scozz76

Post by scozz76 »

I have the issue once I pull in a remote server. It doesn't matter if I start with the servers present or bring them in later.
Source material:
Format : MPEG-4
Commercial name : DNxHR HQX
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 0000.02 (qt )

Test Version 2.15.98 and 2.15.93 Lock up
Test Version 2.15.90 So far, so good. I'll let your know in about 4+ hours (2hr40min feature)

Master and servers are running the corresponding versions.

UPDATE... 2.15.90 was successful
scozz76

Post by scozz76 »

DCP-o-matic 2.15.102 (Test Version)

The Master displays "Not Responding" while encoding with slaves present. Encoding is still working in the background and successfully creates a DCP.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Is this on Windows?
scozz76

Post by scozz76 »

carl wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:39 pmIs this on Windows?
Yes - W10 - v2004
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »