Trying to sync up multi reel subtitle files

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Post Reply
rlsound
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Trying to sync up multi reel subtitle files

Post by rlsound »

Hello,

I've got a DCP here that's been delivered into multiple reels. I'm trying to make an MP4 version of this and running into problems getting the subtitles to sync up.

Each subtitle " reel " xml file is in its own folder with an Ariel Jumbo font file.

Not sure how to proceed with this and sync it up.
carl
Site Admin
Posts: 1318
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Trying to sync up multi reel subtitle files

Post by carl »

Have you tried just adding the DCP to a DCP-o-matic project (with the "Add DCP" button) then exporting?
rlsound
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Trying to sync up multi reel subtitle files

Post by rlsound »

Thanks Carl,

I did use the " Add DCP " option. But the subtitles wouldn't import.

I ended up manually adding them and adjusting the position by hand. They were all off for 38 seconds or so. Quite bizarre.

I don't speak French, so I hope they are in the right place ;)
carl
Site Admin
Posts: 1318
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Trying to sync up multi reel subtitle files

Post by carl »

You may need to click "Use subtitles" or "Use as" in the "Text" or "Subtitle" tab to enable the subtitles for the DCP that you imported. There should be no need to manually import anything! :)
Post Reply