User question - interface complexity "simple" / "full"

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

User question - interface complexity "simple" / "full"

Post by carl »

Hi all,

You may or may not know that DCP-o-matic now contains a setting in the "general" tab of preferences for the "interface complexity". If this is set to "simple" a reduced interface is used in DCP-o-matic with a lot of options hidden.

Has anybody got any positive comments to make about this feature? Do you use it, and like it? Or have you seen its benefit?

I ask because since I added it, it has seemed only to cause problems: mostly people being confused when they are told they should change a setting and it's not there. Although usually I hear more about problems than positives.

Has anybody got any insight on this?

Thanks!
Carl
jakesinn

Re: User question - interface complexity "simple" / "full"

Post by jakesinn »

I think it's great for new users.

As for me, who has been using the software for a year or so, I use the more complex version since I know how to use all the features in the software (more or less ;) )

Jake
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

I think it can be more beneficial in an amateur and non-professional environment and also should include more advanced and default(keys, default, advanced, and more tabs) settings to be editable with a password!
brendo

Post by brendo »

Can't say I've seen it or used it. Sounds like its something to be maintained just in order to give a lesser experience to a minority? Support questions would need to be firstly answered with "Which version are you using?"
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks all for your comments. I have taken "simple" mode out of the forthcoming 2.16.0 release.