Subtitle not appearing on projector or DCP-O-MATIC

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Jean Paul

Subtitle not appearing on projector or DCP-O-MATIC

Post by Jean Paul »

Hi,
I have an unencrypted DCP, I am tryign to add subs and crypt it.
I add the XML file, i select the font, I see them in the preview, I sselect them as open suptitle. I export the dcp. Reimport it in DCP o Matic add the kdm and nothing, no subs, same thing if I try on the projector.
When i import it in DCP-O-MATIC and I click timeline subs are there but greyed out.

What am I missing?

(I tried to search the forum, but "subtitle" was too much of a broad term and coulnd' find anythign else suitable with other searches
carl
Site Admin

Re: Subtitle not appearing on projector or DCP-O-MATIC

Post by carl »

That's strange. Can you send the metadata.xml file from your project, and the XML files from inside the DCP you made, to carl@dcpomatic.com ?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

What if you try the encrypted subtitled DCP in DCP-o-matic standalone player? Even if the DCP contains subtitles, they need to be enabled ('use') in DCP-o-matic main before they actually show up. Of course, that doesn't explain why the projector doesn't show subs. What server and projector is it? Subs sometimes don't work depending certain circumstances - equipment, file size/font. One would need to take a closer look. You could probably also send the full DCP ZIPed to Carl, but without the video and audio MXF file (the two largest files).
Jean Paul

Post by Jean Paul »

Sure I will,
thanks a lot for the help. Might be a dumb question but, where do I find the standalone player?
EDIT: o realized it comes with the download
Thanks for everything
Last edited by Jean Paul on Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Keep in mind (as in DCP-o-matic main) the encrypted subtitled DCP is a VF. If you load it in DCP-o-matic/ DCP-o-matic player, you need to assign a KDM AND the associated OV version before you can play it.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-26 um 12.54.55.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-26 um 12.54.55.png (23.31 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
Is this an Interop or SMPTE DCP?

- Carsten