International Distribution Question

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
DCP-Junkie

International Distribution Question

Post by DCP-Junkie »

Looks like I might have international distribution and I can comply with most of it but there are a couple of things I am just not sure about. Any help would be appreciated.

1) Display reproduction to a full 100% of DCI P3 colours.
2) Black level of at least 0.03 nits or less...this is referenced when talking about the 24fps requirement. Just don't know what this black level is and how to achieve it.

Thanks,
Carsten

Re: International Distribution Question

Post by Carsten »

I think we need more information. These numbers indicate a hardware specification (e.g. a display or projector). But DCP-o-matic is software that deals with content.
DCP-Junkie

Post by DCP-Junkie »

I am glad I am not the only one confused on this. Here is the section (attached) that we are being asked to agree to for the DCP that is submitted. These two items are what stand out to me and I am just not sure if there is something on my end I can do when building to conform to this or if I should ask to have these specific parts removed, etc.

Thanks,
Attachments
InternationalDistroSpecInfo.pdf
(125.96 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I believe they demand this for a 4k DCP only - and not a 'real' 4k DCP, but an UHD container (3840/2160). That together with the 100% P3 and 0.03nits tells me they want to create an UHD/HDR distribution from that 4k DCP. That is the reason why the want full P3 color and deep blacks.

Well, DCP-o-matic can do that, it supports full P3 range, it is your CONTENT that needs to be mastered to these specs.

- Carsten