Any One Here Work Film Festivals?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rl1983

Any One Here Work Film Festivals?

Post by rl1983 »

If so,

I have a few questions about print traffic and how that's managed. Strange new world with downloads...
macuser

Re: Any One Here Work Film Festivals?

Post by macuser »

Yes, I am in the 11th year with DCP now. Could you explain what you mean with 'print traffic' ?

Kind regards
Max
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

(Film) Print Traffic Coordination is one of the (if not the) most crucial posts on a film festival.
A general description can be found here:
https://www.siff.net/Documents/HR/2018/ ... r_2018.pdf
or -even better- here:
https://www.bigskyfilmfest.org/document ... inator.pdf

What is the title you use for that post Max?
macuser

Post by macuser »

Hmmm,

the festival I am working for does not trade or sale any films nor does it promote any of them. It rather represents what the filmmakers created in the past 12 months. If a film has been selected we ask them to send their product as DCP according to the DCI recommendations. We expect that this DCP has been fully tested and checked in a real cinema environment.

My part is to organise and execute the ingest process in advance of the festival. We have 9 location that show these films. 3 weeks before the festival starts we install the infrastructure fo the ingest process. Because all these cinemas work with the same DCP servers we prepare 12 RAID5 packages and load the coresponding films on the package that belongs to a specific cinema. This method has the advantage that the operator in the cinema can concentrate on his job without any additional stress for ingest any films during the festival.....

To your question: I can't give you an answer - sorry.

Kind regards
Max
Olivia27

Post by Olivia27 »

hi,

I've worked in festivals and in print traffic, feel free to ask me!