DKDM doesn't open DCP with multiple CPLs

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Jhon

DKDM doesn't open DCP with multiple CPLs

Post by Jhon »

Hello, I received encrypted DCP which contains multiple CPLs with subtitles in different languages and DKDMs to open English language, but can't open DCP.

My steps:
  • received DCP which consists of 8 MXF files (4 video & 4 audio), subtitles in different languages and a lot of "CPL_XXX.xml" files.
  • send them my PEM certificate and received 4 KDKMs for 4 parts of the DCP (Acts of the opera)
  • created new film in DCP-o-Matic and with "Add DCP..." point to the DCP's root folder
  • by right clicking "choose CPL... " on the loaded DCP name I choose name for which I was provided with DKDMs
  • right clicked on the DCP name and choose "Add KDM" then point to the received DKDM for this CPL
  • DCP-o-Matic thinks for a few seconds, reloads DCP and then still says "NEEDS KDM"

What I tryed:
  • tested all 4 DKDMs for one CPL
  • choose different CPLs and apply one DKDM to all of them
  • Opened DKDM in text editor and reformated XML text to match the DKDM which worked for another DCP by adding tabs and spaces (the received DKDM have some parts of it written in one line)

I attached all files I have in one archive to this post:
DCP-o-Matic_certificate.pem — my certificate from DCP-o-Matic I send to get DKDMs
working DKDM from another DCP.xml — an example of DKDM from another DCP which worked
KDM_CARMEN-ACT1/2/3/4_FTR_1-77_FR-EN_51_2K_EME_20100224_XDC_OperaHD_DCP_certificate_2020.xml - received DKDMs
KDM_CARMEN-ACT1_FTR_1-77_FR-EN_EDITED.xml - received DKDM which I reformatted to match visually the "working DKDM from another DCP.xml"
folder "DCP-files" — with all files from DCP, except: MXF, subdirectories with subtitles (XM+Font)

the pаsswоrd for the archive is:
1234567890abcdef
Files.zip
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 242 times

example of filename and CPL match:
CPL name: KDM_CARMEN-ACT1_FTR_1-77_FR-EN_51_2K_EME_20100224_XDC
CPL filename: CPL_e09144cc-343b-4488-bdad-fe4ae82b5e2a.xml

DCP-o-Matic version 2.14.55 (latest)
Windows 7

PS
Installed latest beta 2.15.172 (2.16.0 beta 7?) and while opening this DCP it says:
[ Examining content
Error: Couldn't not open c:\path-to-dcp\1b601565-1308-11ef-7bff-9eee69e5183d\Carmen_TUR_R3.xml ]
which is subtitle file. I tried to remove all subtitles from the DCP folder, but while openin DCP-o-Matic still gives this error.
carl
Site Admin

Re: DKDM doesn't open DCP with multiple CPLs

Post by carl »

If I remember right there have been a few fixes for related problems in 2.15.x, so it might be worth starting there. Do you have the file

Code: Select all

c:\path-to-dcp\1b601565-1308-11ef-7bff-9eee69e5183d\Carmen_TUR_R3.xml
or not? Generally removing files from a DCP is likely to make things worse rather than better!
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

Jhon wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:57 pm PS
Installed latest beta 2.15.172 (2.16.0 beta 7?) and while opening this DCP it says:
[ Examining content
Error: Couldn't not open c:\path-to-dcp\1b601565-1308-11ef-7bff-9eee69e5183d\Carmen_TUR_R3.xml ]
which is subtitle file. I tried to remove all subtitles from the DCP folder, but while openin DCP-o-Matic still gives this error.
If you remove assets from DCP you are immediately making that DCP corrupted.
Jhon

Post by Jhon »

Do you have the file
Yes, it is also in Files.zip which contains all of the files I have.
I checked the DCP with EasyDCP and all files and hashes are OK.
right there have been a few fixes for related problems in 2.15.x
I used latest beta at the end and it even don't load DCP giving me this error in subtitles XML. Notice that this XML is in the first folder if I sort them alphabetically - this might be the case.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

In a folder? Can you show us an explorer/finder screenshot of the full directory structure?
Jhon

Post by Jhon »

I attached "Files.zip" in the first message which contains all DCP's files (except MXFs), my certificate, received DKDM and example of DKDM (from another DCP) which works with my copy of DCP-o-Matic. All the description is also in the first message.
I didn't attach my private certificate keys, sorry :D
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If I take your DCP-files and replace the video/audio with dummy MXFs the DCP opens for me without this missing file error (with 2.15.x) so we should probably investigate that a little. Can you attach the "log" file from inside the DCP-o-matic project that you made to import the DCP into?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Uncompressing that password protected ZIP doesn't work on my machine. But Carl will have a look.
Jhon

Post by Jhon »

The problem is not in "adding DCP" to the DCP-o-Matic's project, but in "Add KDM" which doesn't decrypt encrypted DCP.

Thank you for your support!
Jhon

Post by Jhon »

Here is the log file
log.txt
(53.34 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
I use latest stable version 2.14.55

My steps:
1) Opened DCP-o-Matic and enabled all LOGs in preferences
2) Created new Film "Carmen-t1"
3) "Add DCP" and point to the encrypted DCP
4) Right mouse click on the imported DCP name and choose CPL: "CARMEN-ACT1_FTR_1-77_FR-EN_..."
5) "Add KDM" and choose KDM's file "CARMEN-ACT1_FTR_1-77_FR-EN_...XML"
6) Still see "Needs DKM:" text
7) exit the program, send you the LOG